Chocolate Sun product application instructions
- SUNLESS TANNING THE BODY
- Take it from us; applying a sunless tanning product takes practice.
- We have compiled the following techniques to assist you.
These tips work no matter where you find yourself:
- Your home, a Hotel Room, a College Dorm, your best friend’s or significant other’s…
- BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE APPLICATION OF YOUR TREATMENT
The following are the items that you will need for a flawless Chocolate Sun treatment:
- ~ A dry environment
~ Your favorite Chocolate Sun face or body cream
~ 3 wash clothes (2 dry, 1 wet)
~ Dark loose fitting clothing
~ A little patience
- THE FOLLOWING IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO PREPARE THE ABOVE ITEMS:
- ~ Prepare a damp cloth and a dry cloth prior to starting your application. This will be used at the end of your application for the final cleaning of your hands. As you will not be able to submerge your hands in soap and water once you have applied your Chocolate Sun treatment to your hands.
~ Please shake product vigorously prior to application. Natural products will separate between uses and shaking the product will ensure the active tanning ingredient is mixed back into the product.
~ Skin must be exfoliated, clean, dry and free of all products.
~ Complete all of your beauty treatments (manicure/pedicure/waxing/hair coloring), first and save your Chocolate Sun application as the final skin perfecting treatment.
- APPLICATION TIPS
- ~ When applying to body, you should use gentle, broad, circular strokes for the application.
~ When applying to face, neck and décolleté the application should be similar to applying foundation. Pay close attention to blending from face, neck to décolleté. Be sure to blend into hairline to avoid line of demarcation. If you have extremely light hair, avoid getting product into hair.
~ Overlap each stroke to avoid streaking and missed areas.
~ As you apply the product it may take some time to absorb into skin. It is best to let the product absorb into skin, rather aggressively rubbing into skin.
~ Application should start at the ankle, working your way up to your back, moving onto your sides and around onto your stomach. Continue application onto your chest, around shoulders and finishing onto your arms. Stopping at the arms.
~ Because face, hands and feet require a little extra precision, you will save these parts for last.
~ When applying product to hands and feet, it is a good idea to mix your favorite moisturizer, in equal parts, with the Chocolate Sun treatment. This will dilute the product enough to achieve a natural looking tan on these areas and prevent the treatment from developing too dark.
- Prepping Hands and Feet Prior to Application
~ Before beginning your application it is a good idea to apply a thin layer of your favorite moisturizer onto your hands and feet. Be sure to cover thoroughly the tops and sides of your hands and feet, in between and on tops of your fingers and toes. Feather a thin layer of lotion onto the inside of the bend of each of your wrists and down the sides of your ankles and heels. Begin Application
- ~ Product should be applied starting at your ankles. Work one leg at a time, front and back. Remember you are saving feet for last.
~ Remember to work product onto buttocks while working on the back of the legs, blending onto lower back.
- ~ Continue applying product onto lower back, working your way up to the midsection of your back.
~ Next you will work product onto your upper back. This may require some extra reaching, contorting, or assistance. Helpful hint: you can put the product on the back of your hand for the area between your shoulder blades, working your hand in a circular motion. This area can be challenging to reach.
~ After completing above areas take a break and thoroughly wash hands with soap and water. Before beginning again use the dry cloth to remove moisture from hands. Washcloths work best.
- ~ Continue by applying product onto the stomach. Remember to blend product around the sides of your body blending into the application done on the back.
- ~ Apply to breast and chest area blending onto the neck, and over the tops of the shoulders until you have blended into the application done on the upper back.
- SHOULDERS AND ARMS
- ~ Starting at the top of the front of the shoulder, apply product working downward onto the front of arm until you reach the wrist.
~ Next apply a lighter coat of product to the inside of arms. This part of the arm should never be as dark as the outer part of the arm. You should be careful to blend lightly around the armpit region. Do not apply directly on the armpit. Armpits do not tan. This will give you an unnatural result.
- ~ Apply lightly, but thoroughly, to the tops of the feet blending onto the ankle, where the application began. Helpful hint: The feet tend to tan easily. You may want to mix your favorite moisturizer in equal parts, with the Chocolate Sun Treatment. This will dilute the product enough to achieve a natural looking tan.
- ~ Be sure that your hands are dry.
~ Blend product from neck, onto face. This application is similar to applying foundation. Be deliberate in your application to ensure you get full coverage.
- ~ Finally, apply lightly, but thoroughly, to the tops of hands, blending onto wrists. Helpful hint: The hands tend to tan easily. You may want to mix your favorite moisturizer in equal parts, with the Chocolate Sun Treatment. This will dilute the product enough to achieve a natural looking tan.
~ Now that you have successfully finished your application to your hands, you will need to utilize your prepared damp cloth to thoroughly wipe the palms of your hands and inside of your fingers. Do not submerge your hands in water after applying the treatment to this area.
- YOU ARE ALMOST FINISHED!
- AFTER APPLICATION IS COMPLETE
- ~ Roll a small soft hand towel and using the smooth side of the rolled towel, very lightly sweep over outer edges of armpits, wrists, ankles, hands, feet and the inside of arms. This will help blend application.
~ It is best to wear loose fitting, dark clothing, while product develops.
~ Your skin must remain dry for 6-8 hours. No workouts, no swimming, no showers, no bathing, or doing dishes, until application time is complete.
~ Be especially careful to not submerge hands in water if it is necessary to wash them before development time is complete. It is best to wipe palms of hands only with damp cloth.
~ If you brush your teeth before the development process is complete, do not allow water to splash on your chin.
~ Be sure to wrap a paper towel around any glass, bottle or cup that you are drinking from. Perspiration may drip and interrupt the development process.
~ You do not need to be paranoid of water, simply be conscious of it. Water splashes on us more then we generally realize.
~ For those of us with dogs, big or small, be sure to wear long, loose fitting pants. The treatment is sweet, and our furry kids like to lick it.
- TROUBLE SHOOTING
- ~ If you discover that you missed a spot or an area after your application has over developed, or you wish for a darker result over-all, you can easily reapply the product to the missed area to fix the area or darken the original application.
~ If you do not clean your hands thoroughly after application and sunless tanning product develops on unintended areas such as palms of hands or in between your fingers, you can use an emery board to gently exfoliate the mistake. This will at least lighten the area and assist in the fading process.
~ If you accidentally apply too much product and your sunless tanning results are too dark, gently exfoliate the skin with appropriate face or body scrub. This will assist the fading process and lightening of the sunless tan.
~ If liquid is splashed on skin during development time, it is best to gently blot the affected area dry and leave alone, allowing product to continue to develop.
~ Avoid getting product in eyes. If product gets into eyes, use water to flush affected area immediately. If irritation occurs, contact your physician.
~ Remember to keep your skin moisturized after development time is complete and you have washed the application area for the first time. This will help the tan last longer and fade evenly.
~ Use every few days. Over use may result in patchy color and dryness.
~ Development time may vary.
~ Sunless tanning results vary.
- SUNLESS TANNING FACTS
- ~ Keeping your skin moisturized after your sunless tan has developed, helps extends the life of your tan and assists the tan in fading evenly.
~ Your sunless tan will lighten daily as your skin goes through a natural exfoliation process.
~ Because facial skin is continually exposed to the environmental elements such as pollution, varying weather conditions and free radicals, it is typical for the sunless tan on your face, to fade more quickly than a sunless tan on your body.
~ Your sunless tan will fade more quickly if you are using anti-aging or exfoliating products in your daily beauty routine. Specifically, products like Retin A can be drying and cause your skin to become flakey during treatment. A sunless tanning product will not work well in conjunction with this type of product.
~ Hormonal changes brought on by menstruation, use of certain medications, diet or stress can cause sunless tanning products to be less effective. Occasionally, these hormonal changes may prevent the development of the sunless tanning product all- together. Don’t despair just reapply.
~ Excessive soaking in baths, pools, or any body of water will shorten the life of the tan.
~ Using scrubs and/or loofah gloves will shorten the life of the tan.
~ Avoiding excessive exposure to the sun is the most affective way to maintain healthy, youthful looking skin.
~ Always wear sunscreen; a sunless tan will NOT protect your skin from sun and environmental damages and burns.