The Opposite of Fear is Love
Crystal McIntyre, a Courage + Love coach, shares a beautiful piece of quiet reflection and an excellent reminder for us to focus on love during times of fear and uncertainty.
I hear you. Your life has been shaken up, out of the blue, and you’re feeling overwhelmed.
Some of you are working double-time, feeling stressed and burnt out. Some of you are working from home, with kids and a family constantly vying for your attention. Some of you have been laid off for the unforeseeable future, unsure of what to do with the time.
Regardless of your situation, we’re all feeling the same thing...uncertainty. The same blank page when it comes to the future.
This pandemic has shown us that though we clearly are not in control, we still have the ability to make choices. It is your aligned choices that will help you get through this.
Be kind to yourself. This shift rocked us all. You’ve done what you needed to do to get this far. Who knows when this will end. You deserve to rest when you need rest. Assess how you’re feeling. The goal is always, to feel good. Start making choices that leave you feeling good and watch as your perspective of life changes.
Now more than ever, you need to be choosing love. Love for yourself, love for your community, love for the world.
CHOOSING LOVE FOR YOURSELF
- Consciously choose what you watch and listen to. Immerse yourself with messages spreading love and light and avoid those spreading fear and panic. It is good to be knowledgeable about the current situation, but don’t let it drag you into a pit of fear and despair.
- Social media should be a place where you go to feel uplifted and inspired. You choose which accounts you follow. How are they making you feel? Even if they are happy and uplifting, are they leaving you feeling inspired or jealous and ashamed? Delete those that no longer make you feel good. Find new ones that feel more aligned with who you are, right now.
- Your body is your temple. Feed it with nutrient-dense whole foods. Move it at least once a day (Uplevel Bonus: Have a 10-minute dance party). Sprinkle in some self-care through a self-massage, bubble bath, or reading a book.
- Stress is at an all-time high. The best way to combat stress is to learn to quiet your mind. Spend a few minutes a day, sitting in silence. You can do 5 minutes of deep breathing, or try out one of the many meditation apps available. If you do nothing else on this list, give yourself the gift of silence and reflection.
- Your social media is your voice during this time, and always. Use it to connect with people. Use it to share uplifting and inspiring content. Use it to create and spread love.
- Find out if local shops are still open. Support them. Many small businesses that are service-based, are closed but you can still contact them and see if you can buy a gift card for when they reopen.
- Use this time to connect deeper with those you love. Tell the people you love WHY you love them! (Uplevel Bonus: Get your family together in the kitchen to whip something up. Make a mess, have fun. Who cares if it doesn’t turn out. Eat dinner as a family by candlelight. If you’re alone during all of this, facetime with someone and eat dinner together.)
CHOOSING LOVE FOR THE WORLD
- Every person you interact with (virtually or from a socially acceptable distance), show them love and compassion. If someone is rude to you, or angry or short, do not get offended. You don’t know what someone is dealing with during this time. Nor do they know what you are dealing with. Send them love and send them on their way.
- Try this powerful mini-meditation:
- Find a comfortable seat.
- Close your eyes and take 3 deep breaths.
- Imagine a golden light at your heart centre.
- Imagine that golden light expanding out of you, into your room, your city, your country, until it encompasses the entire world.
- Smile deeply at the energy you are sending out.
- Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Crystal McIntyre is a Courage + Love Coach who inspires women to let go of the excuses and limiting beliefs that are keeping them sad, stuck and small and from truly enjoying life, so they can shift their mindset, confront their fears, and realize courage and love are the only requirements for living.
Follow her on Instagram: @crystalmcintyre