3 Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day with Self-Care
Valentine’s is all about love, giving love sharing love, celebrating love. And while the one-dimensional restaurant and chocolates thing has thankfully given way to a more inclusive celebration of friendship, camaraderie, and indulgence, we’re here for you if the love you crave this year is some self-love. Below you’ll find our recommendations to treating yourself to some self-care no matter if you have a weekend of you time, or need to squeeze in a way to feel cared for on the run.
Weekend Home Retreat
If you have some spare time on Valentine’s weekend to really treat yourself, this whole-body relaxation routine is for you.
- First of all, sleep in. You need your beauty rest not just for your looks but for your mind and body too. Get some pillow talk in with yourself. Laze around and get into those no-pressure, I can do what I want vibes.
- Mix up a cup of Age Quencher Hydrate and sip.
- Apply a thin layer of enzyme-rich Odacite Bioactive Rose Gommage, a super-effective resurfacing gel and let it dry while you run a bath. Pouring a gorgeous body oil like Apoterra Skincare Tulsi Rejuvenating Oil with Lavender + Evening Primrose into the bath.
- As the tub fills, boost circulation and dust off dead skin cells with the Living Libations Body Brush.
- Roll off the Rose Gommage mask, let skin breathe for a few moments.
- Before you step into the tub, apply May Lindstrom Skin - The Blue Cocoon Beauty Balm Concentrate all over face, avoiding eyes.
- Stick on a couple of 100% Pure - Bright Eyes Masks
- Finally, apply a layer of Rahua Leave-In Treatment to locks.
When you get in from a long day, self-care often tends to the easier slide of the scale; a little Netflix and a glass of vino usually does the trick. These products are a little less maintenance than a spa-at-home day but can pack a healing self-care vibe all the same. Think of them more of an at-the-sink routine, with products you can use while you do other things like make dinner or finish Derry Girls.
- Wash away the day, and remove makeup with One Love Organics - Skin Savior Multi-Tasking Wonder Balm.
- Then spritz face, neck and decollete with Leahlani Skincare Citrus & Citrine Regenerating Toner.
- Apply a 100% Pure - Sheet Mask - Collagen Boost and take care of some pre-bed post-dinner tasks.
- If you have a half-hour of chill time, apply Rahua Color Full Hair Mask and smooth through locks.
- Right before you pop into bed, smooth some Apoterra Skincare Rose + Violet Leaf Body Butter to feet, shins, arms and hands and any other dry areas.
- Finally before lights out, a slick of a Henné Organics - Luxury Organic Lip Balm will make you feel all the self-love.
No time to indulge in a full bath and pampering sesh? No problem, here’s a shortlist of products you can sneak into your regular routine that won’t add any extra time to your already tight schedule.
- A quick scrub with Pai Kukui & Jojoba Bead Skin Brightening Exfoliator in your morning shower for a fresh face.
- To treat hair without the need for an extra 30 minutes, rub a little Rahua Legendary Amazon Oil Hair treatment through locks. No need to remove, it’s a wearable treatment!
- A tube of Henné Organics Luxury Lip Balm V2 in your bag keeps lips soft and hydrated and feels a little extra special under makeup.
- Also, pop an Olio E Osso Hand Cream in your bag so you can top up your hand hydration throughout the day.
- Finally, right before bed, when the day is done, Alpyn Beauty Calming Midnight Mask Melatonin & Wild Dandelion goes on and stays on - it works while you sleep!