Our Guide to Your Perfect H20 Glow
Splish Splash! It’s mid-summer and we’re hitting the water! We’ve got the products you need for your next wet and wild adventure, whether it’s the pool, the beach, or the lake. Dive in and check out our water-ready recommendations.
Location: The Pool
The Goal: Dress to Impress
There’s no doubt that a day around the pool requires a little bit more of planning. There’s the choice of swimwear (tasteful, colourful, elegant, but fun), hair (done, but still going to look good wet), and accessories (trendy but not try-hard). We want to look prepped but not too prissy, posh and playful. So we like to keep our look light but still ready for the sun and splashing.
- We picked a bright pink orchid polish for tips and toes, and a lip colour that’s ready for the day with SPF.
- On cheeks, we went for shine with a light-reflecting highlighter by Ilia.
- Prep hair with a luxe and gorgeously-scented salt spray. We like to spritz some in damp hair and then braid it. Then take out the braid after some sun and splashing for perfect poolside waves.
- And of course, this look is layered on top of a lovely-scented sunscreen to keep skin hydrated and protected. (Don’t forget to reapply every hour!)
- Keep it casual and toss all your pool essentials in a pool-blue Baggu duck bag.
Location: The Beach
The Goal: Decompress
Ah, the beach: Waves crashing, the sound of the sea (or Great Lake for our fellow Ontarians), kids playing, sunscreen in the air, sand in everything. We’ve waited for these days and we are sure as heck gonna enjoy every minute! At the beach, we want to let our hair down, hang with our friends and play in the sand and surf until we’re pooped. Our look needs to read: playful and ready for anything.
- A hot-to-trot sunny yellow polish is perfect for beach-ready toes.
- We like to go makeup-free but can’t keep away from a bronzy glow so we stash an Olio E Osso bronzing balm in our tote for touch-ups.
- We’ve got our lips protected and pink for perfect selfies with Raw Elements SPF lip shimmer.
- Hair is spritzed with a golden sea salt spray for literal beach waves.
- And we’re reapplying our SPF with an on-the-go sport stick.
- Then, toss everything in a kitschy Baggu Market Blue tote bag.
Location: The Lake
The Goal: To De-stress and Get Down-to-Earth
An extended weekend at the lake with our best buds is something we never turn down. Disconnecting from our devices and reconnecting with our loved ones feels just about perfect. With our feet in the lake and our minds free to wander, we can wonder and wish the days away. And, of course, we still want to be our best (looking) selves while we’re taking chill to the next level.
- Still wanting a little hint of colour on toes we like to take it down a notch with a barely-there nude polish.
- Keeping with the nude theme, our makeup gets pared down to the basics with a two-in-one colour cream.
- For hikes and canoes trips we always have an SPF lip balm on us.
- And we’re not slamming the screen door behind us until we’ve slathered ourselves in our favourite sporty sunscreen.
- Keeping hair in check, we smooth a little jellyfish hair gel over flyaways to keep our look sleek and ready to face our next adventure (the woodsy scent is perfect for cottage life)
- With our gear in a Dans Le Sac Market Bag we’re good to go!